Firstly, check out our very own inhouse JazzTalk.News podcast series for 2019 with our very own knowledgeable editor In chief – Nigel J.
By Yannick Ilunga | Courtesy of The Jazz Spotlight
After having had great guests like Dave Holland, Jamie Cullum and Michael League of Snarky Puppy on The Jazz Spotlight Podcast,I am simply thrilled about the sensational guest who is here today. A real living legend, none other than the one and only Dee Dee Bridgewater is the guest of this 25th episode!
An incredible singer and 3-time Grammy Award winner, as well as Tony Award-winning stage actress, United Nations Ambassador for the Food and Agriculture Organization and host of the NPR Radio show JazzSet with Dee Dee Bridgewater, she is one of the most influential artists of today.
She comes on the podcast to talk about how she started out with music, the jazz greats she performed with, being a jazz entertainer, how she finds inspiration and her upcoming projects. She also discusses living in France, sharing the stage with her daughter (singer China Moses), promising young artists and gives out advice for all those who would like to become singers. [Sounds cool? Then take a sec and share this episode]
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- How she got started with music
- The artists and greats Dee Dee Bridgewater has performed with
- How living in France shaped her career
- What it means for Dee Dee Bridgewater, as a mother, to share the stage with her daughter China Moses
- Where her inspiration comes from
- The decision of shaving her hair off
- Dee Dee Bridgewater advice for those who would like to become jazz singers
- How, in her opinion, a singer should relate to the other members of the band while on stage
- Her upcoming projects
- And much more!
Thank Dee Dee Bridgewater on Twitter!
Are you a Dee Dee Bridgewater fan and would like to show her some love? If you enjoyed this episode, you can personally thank her on Twitter by clicking here!
View this post on “The Jazz Spotlight”
Last modified: May 28, 2019