Once again, for 2016 Breda’s Hotel Golden Tulip Keyser, brings more exciting concerts on every third Sunday of the month. Organizer and musician Jan Learbuch from the ‘Swing Club’ continues with his proven thirteen-year formula of using his rhythm section to accompany two invited guest soloists.
Jan Learbuch continues his historical support in boosting the careers of young musicians. Occasionally, you will hear Jan accompanying these young artists playing his alto sax.
This year’s lineups of renowned artists include – Tineke Postma (alto sax), Marc Godfroid (trombone), Fulvia di Domenico (vocals) and Martijn van Iterson (guitar).
Sunday 17 January was the opening concert with singer Deborah j. Carter and saxophonist Yoran Aarssen.
The concerts in Hotel Golden Tulip Keyser Breda will start at 3 P.M. The rhythm section consists of Harry Kanters (piano), Bart Wouters (bass) and Jos van Kesteren (drums). The soloists are:
- March 20: Martijn Van Iterson (guitar) and Alina Engibaryan (vocals)
- April 17: Baer Traa (vocals) and Bart Lust (trombone)
- September 18: Fulvia di Domenico (vocals) and Gidon Nunes Vaz (trumpet)
- October 16: Marc Godfroid (trombone) and Henk Kraaijeveld (vocals)
- November 20: Tineke Postma (alto saxophone) and Lizzy Ossevoort (vocals)
- December 18: Judith Nijland (vocals) and Jacco Griekspoor (vibraphone)
Footnote: There are no concerts in February. The series of concerts plays throughout March/April.
No concerts during the famous Jazz Festival Breda in May. Finally, there will be the normal summer holiday break and concerts will return in September.